Monday, February 07, 2005

BIO

As the articles suggest, I have been working in the audiotex/premium rate business for some ten years now. The concept of being able to charge people for services by means of the phone had always fascinated me.

I started by focussing on the German Domestic Market when it first opened back in 1994. I sourced the best available product that the market had to offer at that time (mainly chat & dating services) and negotiated revenue-share deals with German (print) media.

Since then, most media have gotten wise to the revenue generating possibilities of these services and typically now have their own in-house ‘new media’ departments.

In 2000, I facilitated the introduction of the hugely successful logo and ringtone cellphone ‘tuning’ market to the UK and was in the enviable position of being first-to-market. That market has since exploded and imploded – there are now literally hundreds of suppliers – and their affiliates – to choose from.

My main focus now is in helping Adult Webmasters capitalise on the opportunities afforded by the booming mobile sector.

I also co-own a small B2B consultancy www.eurobiz-trading.com which helps people do business in Europe’s key market, Germany.

I live in Tenerife – the island of eternal spring – with my wife Dorit, and son Jamie who is nearly 5.

No comments: